Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our Financial Systems Enablement team, supporting the Finance and Accounting teams. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communication, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
This role is expected to be an SME in Revenue, working with multiple billing and revenue systems, understanding and managing Twilio’s revenue models in partnership with the Global revenue team, driving automations and innovation. You will own the Revenue models in Oracle Cloud ERP system implementation end-end and Zuora - building best practices, working closely with business partners.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives the Twilio Magic and who also has:
- 8+ years of revenue accounting experience, an in depth understanding of revenue accounting systems and processes
- 6+ years of experience working with Oracle AR (Revenue, Billing & Collection) and other financial modules.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Proficient skills in Zuora admin and development activities which includes user/security, product catalog, audit, integration, change management, and workflows
- You are solid in process and solution engineering, managing and delivering multiple cross-functional projects and integrations
- Work with other business systems analysts and the development team in converting the business solution into technical designs
- Experience with acquisitions combing (Billings and Revenue platform is a plus)
- Experience with the following systems is a plus; Avalara/other tax software, Datawarehouse, SFDC, ERP (NetSuite), Anaplan, Tableau, Looker, ServiceNow, Workday, OKTA, GSuite
- Responsive to customer needs and seek out ways to improve the processes of the organization. Strong prioritization, communication and multi-tasking skills, you can juggle all the things.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst for the Financial Enablement team, you will live the Twilio Magic and:
- BE AN OWNER: You own the process of driving the organization to use best practices with strong functional and influential skills by communicating to senior executives and communicating with stakeholders across the organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Proactively identify and clearly communicate messages and updates regarding blockers, dependencies, risks, and current status to all stakeholders
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Demonstrate strong prioritization skills with multitasking and competing priorities and know how to make the right trade-offs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise with the IT teams and various business partners upstream/downstream to influence accuracy and efficiency in the revenue accounting process
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for operational improvements across Finance and Accounting business applications and drive solution definition using metrics.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication. Ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
The Twilio IT organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral to growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique as we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary: $87,360 - $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks