Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve sophisticated problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences!
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our APAC Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a consistent record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets. Able to work standard USA working hours and a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections. Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- BE AN OWNER: Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office on Castlereagh Street in Sydney. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.