Because you belong at Twilio
At Twilio- Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
In this role, we’re looking for someone to be the full owner — for both engineering and product — for our Personas product. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks who are experienced product and engineering leaders passionate about building software for Fortune 500 enterprises and driving growth in our fastest-growth product line
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop a team of world-class PMs and Engineers
- Grow our team from ~25 to ~75 in the next 18 months, including expanding to new regions
- Work with our go-to-market leadership and cross-functional leadership to define strategy for Personas
- Build a Product and Engineering group that attracts world-class PMs and Engineers
- Be intimately connected to our customers and be a champion and voice of our customers
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Marketers and others by building specific, aggressive roadmaps to solve huge customer problems
- Identify performance metrics for your product and engineering area, and drive those metrics
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years Engineering or Product Management experience or equivalent, including at least 6+ years of managing a team of PMs or Engineering Managers
- Experience driving career growth for Product Leaders and/or Engineering Directors
- Experience managing product teams of 10+ members or engineering teams of 50+ members
- The ability to synthesize all inputs and develop a very crisp product roadmap
- A proven track record of incredibly impressive product launches
- Understanding of a P&L
- Ability to inspect and clarify sales and marketing growth drivers for B2B SaaS
We’re especially excited about candidates who:
- Have a passion for building enterprise-grade software
- Have experience scaling products with complex technical architecture
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary: Denver/Boulder Metro:
$300,000 - 340,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks