Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio.org, Twilio’s social impact division, is seeking an experienced brand marketer. You will lead our efforts highlighting the good Twilio is building in the world to our community of employees, developers, customers, and investors. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to craft Twilio.org’s brand promise and build campaigns that bring our impact to life. You’ll work with top tier social impact brands, like the United Way, International Rescue Committee, and American Red Cross in finding creative ways to tell their stories of technical innovation. You will identify global events and crises where Twilio and our customers can make an impact and highlight organizations on the front lines. You are a storyteller by nature, personally motivated by doing good in the world, and constantly look for ways to push the limitations of what is possible.
As the Principal Brand Marketer for Social Impact, you have experience refining an organization’s brand messaging and building strategy to engage key audiences with memorable experiences. You are the person others call on when they need to spruce up a headline or brainstorm a new approach.You have demonstrated interest in impact work by supporting causes you’re passionate about or working in the sector. You have experience in:
- Defining brand positioning, messaging and strategy to reach target audiences
- Creative storytelling across public relations, branded events, advertising and written and video content
- Building global marketing initiatives and adapting content for local markets
- Managing agencies, budgets, and design contractors
- Working quickly to incorporate current events and news to make brands relevant
- Developing relationships with strategic customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Setting goals and measuring results of brand campaigns
- Interest in supporting causes you're passionate about either personally or professionally
- 8+ years of experience in marketing/communications and related roles
As a leader on the Twilio.org team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: You will level up Twilio.org’s approach to brand marketing, presenting bold and innovative ideas for how to tell our impact stories.
- DRAW THE OWL: When you don’t know the way forward, you won’t quit. You’ll figure it out and creatively overcome anything in your path.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Each nonprofit we support focuses on a unique issue area and community, from mental health and racial justice, to substance use and refugee crises. You will take ownership of understanding the most inclusive ways to showcase their work, ensure our campaigns empower and do not belittle communities our nonprofits serve, and that we honor, not take credit for, the work of our customers and grantees.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: To launch big campaigns, you will collaborate closely with the entire Twilio marketing team, agencies, and designers to do more together.
The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 262 million globally per year. As part of the team dedicated to social impact, you will be the voice for showcasing that Twilio is a company that invests and innovates in doing good in the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. You will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$120,832.00 - $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
$105,728.00 - $145,376.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks