The Path Forward Return to Work program at Twilio is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Twilio we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. These full time offers will likely be based out of Denver or remote.
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our Global Revenue Accounting team. As part of your returnship, you will work on all aspects of the revenue accounting process and ensure accurate and complete financial information related to revenue. You’ll also collaborate with various business partners in Sales, Deal Desk, FP&A and Billing, among others. This is a great role for someone excited and passionate about revenue accounting and contributing to the success of the team and company. You’ll join a supportive team excited to help you succeed.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated success in the revenue accounting process. They also have:
- 4+ years of revenue accounting experience, an in depth understanding of revenue accounting systems and processes; experience in a global, SaaS, technology company preferred
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and other revenue guidance and related practical application in a company environment
- NetSuite, Oracle or SAP ERP systems experience preferred a plus
- Strengths include attention to detail, organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, and complete confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment as well as driving opportunities for automation and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, Google suite of software applications are a plus
- Accountable – Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions and taking ownership of situations that you’re involved in
As a Revenue Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Lead parts of the revenue accounting close process driving timely and accurate reporting of revenue on a monthly basis
- BE AN OWNER: Understand the Company product offerings, routes to market implications on revenue recognition
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise with various business partners upstream in the sales cycle to influence accuracy and efficiency in the revenue accounting process
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Support key business partners in exploration of new products, ways to package and sell, etc. with guidance on revenue accounting implications
- BE BOLD: Identify and facilitate improvements of processes to increase internal efficiencies
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly and completely document all processes and procedures
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Lead automation efforts within the team and business partners to drive efficiency initiatives within the quote to cash business cycle
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $33 per hour
Remote-Colorado: $29 per hour
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks