Because You Belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an entrepreneurial Solutions Architect with strong development and architecture experience for communications, contact center or customer engagement platforms to join our Professional Services team in Asia Pacific and Japan. We work hand in hand with our largest and most innovative customers to lead technical workshops and onsite consultations.
This is the first Solutions Architect role based in Japan and you will be expected to be a founder for Japan Professional Services.
Come join us and build your career at Twilio!
- Significant software development experience with modern Web technologies including React and Node.js as well as REST API design on modern web stacks such as Node.js, PHP or Python
- Significant Solution Architect experience and can demonstrate the consulting skills needed to map a customer’s requirements to a technical solution. You enjoy the challenge of understanding key customer requirements and articulating the correct solution to our customers. Technology consulting experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, and Security is a plus.
- Having built apps based on Twilio APIs, is a huge plus
- Connect with a mix of business and technical audiences leading business requirement discussions, technical white boarding exercises, and coding sessions.
- Curious, collaborative, humble and are a Doer.
- Native Japanese speaker and business level English
As a Solutions Architect you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with Professional Services and Sales leadership to propose new or customize existing service packages for the region.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: During your engagements, work with customers to understand their requirements and map those requirements to a Twilio solution. It will involve remote and onsite Discovery workshops with customers and Development workshops writing code on top of Twilio platform.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create professional presentations and architecture specifications
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with development teams in an agile environment to lead short development sprints to rapidly create and demo Twilio powered solutions to customers
- BE BOLD: Every day working closely with Twilio product and engineering teams, help shape the products and services that reach a huge market
- You will play a technology advisor role to enable our partners, by supporting their engagements and delivering training and knowledge transfer session
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio!
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.