Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Growth Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing our Growth accounts (1-100 employees) including some of the most successful startups!
This position reports to a Senior Manager, Growth & Mid Market, ANZ, and can be based in either our Sydney or Melbourne offices.
We are looking for a motivated Growth Account Executive who possess a go-getter attitude and who want to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud market.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in being responsible for your own book of business and directly selling a product or service in a technical SaaS/Telco space
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and executing strong QBR strategy for territory penetration
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model. You are passionate about the prospect of selling to a technical audience and have a passion for a solution and value-driven approach to selling.
- Cultivated interpersonal and communication skills. You are able to easily lead complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple. You are technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Are comfortable in a high tempo environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively run your own time
As a Growth AE, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Responsible for new customer acquisition and driving new revenue for a specific territory while being assigned a quota for net new ARR and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. Understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can craft a solution for their specific use case needs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business
- DON'T SETTLE: Passionate about what you do and think outside of the box. World-class interpersonal and communication skills to make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time. As an added bonus, you’ve previously sold cloud or B2B enterprise software.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office on Castlereagh Street in Sydney or Elizabeth Street in Melbourne. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact. A company that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint. A company that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.