Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Director (SD), Corporate FP&A to manage many of Twilio’s financial planning and reporting processes. This role will own the company model for long-range and annual plans as well as monthly forecasts. The ideal candidate has advanced financial modeling skills and helps grow the business through advancing analytics. This individual will act as a business partner to drive action through insightful analytics. This is a highly visible role within the finance team and requires someone who is a strong leader and communicator. This role will report directly to the VP, Corporate Finance and interact heavily with the CFO, as well as the broader executive team. The SD of Corporate FP&A will lead a team of approximately 5 professionals.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience leading finance teams and projects. They also have:
- 15+ years in Finance including relevant management experience.
- Public company FP&A experience.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and the ability to explain financial concepts in lay terms to executives.
- Experience managing the financial planning process across a company.
- Experience owning financial reporting and analysis including in-period pacing.
- Strong track record of partnering with C-suite and other senior level executives.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in prose, presentations, and verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
- Strong project management and organizational skills including the ability to coordinate FP&A activities across multiple regions, products, and functions.
- Experience supporting M&A activities.
- Help drive scale initiatives and cross-functional accountability across the company.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Director, Finance, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Help drive the long-range plan, annual operating plan, and monthly forecasts. Provide the financial reporting, analysis, and metrics to ensure the company is hitting its targets.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly communicate financial results, planning expectations, and outcomes. Own and manage the finance calendar.
- DRAW THE OWL: Leverage systems solutions to streamline reporting.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and coordinate extensively across teams within Twilio. Support and develop direct reports.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty and unyielding integrity in all aspects of the role.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. The Corporate FP&A team owns planning and forecasting in addition to reporting and analyzing Twilio’s financials. This is a critical role that will enable Senior Leadership and C-level to make educated financial and operational decisions. We need a leader who is passionate about FP&A and who demonstrates strong leadership skills.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $160,896- $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $150,840 - $207,405
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks