Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for Software Engineers who want to design, develop, deploy, and operate services at scale to power Twilio’s AI/ML product suite. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge and skills. You are a results-oriented thinker and builder who has an owner's mindset about the services you own and operate. You have a passion for operational excellence, and thinking at scale comes naturally to you.
Twilio is looking for versatile software engineers who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ years working in a Java development environment
- Experience managing large databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience driving operational excellence across your teams using observability solutions, system monitoring, and alerting
Not required, but a plus:
- Exposure to Python
- Experience and exposure to distributed systems and distributed data stores
- Experience with scalable data pipelines (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience designing and developing horizontally-scalable and resilient systems
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate complex services in a distributed production environment. Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE: Strive for continuous improvement of the software your team owns and operates. Build for the long term.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and hardworking engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Customer conversations are one of the most informative indicators of a product and business’ health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio AI team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, and extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them and build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes and better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. This position will either be located in our Bogotá office or remote anywhere within Colombia. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.