Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 80 billion emails a month for more than 250,000 customers, including some of the biggest global companies like Ebay, Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Manager of Product Management to be a key leader leading Twilio’s Integrations for Email Platform. This person will lead a team of distributed PMs who will create and influence roadmaps, build key measures, and work cross-functionally to make the core email platform customers successful. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s Email platform expansion and integration into different customer segments and other Twilio offerings and you will work alongside a distributed network of product managers, engineering counterparts, stakeholders and customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of creating useful products. They also have:
- 5-8 years of people management experience
- Experience building and shipping products to customers
- Demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring product managers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow
- Communication skills that leverage empathy and compassion to build trust, resolve conflicts, and provide feedback to your team
- Strong product vision and a demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- Lead by influence across distributed product teams. Drive product design and requirements across many product roadmaps and SCRUM teams
- Strong analytical skills and preference for making data driven decisions.
- You understand that product differentiation must be built into the heart of product strategy. You enjoy creating things where there is no playbook to look at, no prior art to copy.
- You build product by thinking strategically for the long term, set the vision for where we want to get to, and then map the path to get there
- You have experience managing product managers for 4-5 years, ideally on a technically complex B2B or B2D cloud product. You have experience managing a remote and diverse team, and collaborating with engineering across multiple time zones.
- You are strong technically and can converse credibly with talented engineers.
- You build processes where it's needed. You know how to cut through bureaucracy when it's inefficient, but also how to create structure when it's needed.
- You’re able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team, and are highly organized.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software and understanding the email communication platform specifically, a plus.
As a Manager of Product Management for the Integrations Email Platform team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the roadmap for optimizing Twilio’s products for the Integrations Email platform organization and collaborate across the portfolio. Be responsible and accountable for the well-being, delivery, and growth within the team. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions. Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create the personas for the product team, understand the customer journeys, and identify opportunities to level up customer satisfaction. You will communicate effectively to executives, to your peers, and internally among your team. Create product vision and strategy to ensure that your team is continuously delivering value for the personas and customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will foster the growth of an inclusive, high-performing team. Outside your team, you will champion communities of practice, and can be an expert to lead and mentor when needed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Your team will ship features that delight your customers. Learn what matters to the customer and ensure through the different feedback channels you are building what matters to the customer.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Create the reports and presentations that can effectively communicate customer requirements and opportunities at all levels of the organization. Validate value through KPIs and features shipped to enhance customer satisfaction.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Integrations Email Platform Product team is one of the major growth opportunities for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and customers. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Denver, Colorado. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well
$146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960 - $175,945
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks