Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Supportability Engineer to onboard new customers quickly and resolve all questions and issues they might have via both email as well as video calls. You will be a key bridge between customers using Flex Insights and our product design & engineering that is developing it. In this role, you will be also responsible for helping customers understand how the product works in detail and make sure all this is captured accurately in our documentation and training materials. This position is critical to ensure that our customers get the best results from the Twilio products that they use and will ensure that they feel supported when issues arise.
Twilio is looking for a person with a demonstrated track record of supporting customers from small business to enterprises through any communication channel
- 2+ years working in a customer-facing support role with strong attitude of owning customer issues and relentless focus on their prompt resolution
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools such as GoodData, Tableau, Looker etc. including custom queries and complex metrics building
- Ability to reproduce customer issues in order to resolve them, create scripts and use a variety of Twilio and 3rd party APIs
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets and associated tools (i.e. Pivot Tables, Charts, etc).
- Good documentation writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on problem solving.
- A demonstrated passion for sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring.
- The technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product improvement, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
As a Supportability Engineer for Flex Insights, you will live the Twilio Magic:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Help customers build metrics, reports, and dashboards that address their needs and help them extract actionable business insights
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create and edit documentation articles describing the product functionality and best practices. Help create training content for customers to be able to start using the product faster
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team. Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
- BE AN OWNER: Own customer issues end to end and actively work with your colleagues in Twilio in resolving them. Provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed
The Supportability Engineering Team acts as a link between our Customer Support Team and the Product and Engineering Teams. You will ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps. You will provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in any of our EMEA offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.