Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sales Development Representative Intern to be a key contributor in the evaluation and execution of our go-to-market strategy opportunities for Twilio globally. This internship presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for a career in software sales.
As an intern, you will be part of the overall Twilio Intern Program! This internship provides the opportunity to get advice and mentorship from our executives and leaders. You'll learn what it means to work at a values driven company.
Twilio is looking for a Sales intern who lives the Twilio Magic and is looking to explore a career in Sales. They also have:
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about the Twilio sales organization and our customers.
- Determination, grit, and hustle. You are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and professional communication skills.
- Currently attending a 4-year university with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022.
- Enthusiasm for technology and learning new concepts.
- BE BOLD: We’re looking for a hungry, ambitious, and talented individual who has a passion for communications and wants to start their sales career at a world-class sales organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & EMPOWER OTHERS: You are right for this role if you’re excited by working with customers, exceeding key performance metrics, and contributing back to the team through various leadership initiatives.
- BE AN OWNER: You are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth and success of Twilio by growing our sales pipeline.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed; we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We are dedicated to tackling hard problems and helping you create your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This internship position for summer 2021 will be based remotely. The full-time opportunity will be located in one of our beautiful offices in Atlanta, Denver or San Francisco. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Standard Hourly Rate for Intern - $24/hour
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
- Prescription Drug
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks