Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Program Manager to join the Sales Operations team. This is a great role for program manager or an experienced business analyst, who is looking to partner with Sales leaders to improve sales processes by taking full ownership of operation improvement programs and define product roadmaps.
You are right for this role if you excel at advising and understanding your business partner’s operational goals and challenges, defining and documenting program business requirements, and partnering with technology owners to build workflows and solutions to scale our Growth Sales Account Executive team. Skills such as forming relationships with business leaders, handling partner expectations, and driving alignment across different functions should come naturally to you.
We are targeting an individual who is motivated to tackle sophisticated problems, has a "can do" demeanor with an aptitude to learn. You are a quick learner who can identify who the decision-makers are within a project involving many teams and functions. You are passionate about creating frictionless operations to drive the best possible user experience and maximize efficiency for our internal customers. You will need to have strong customer empathy and understand how to drive business outcomes through multi-functional, complex initiatives.
Twilio's ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2-5 years of program management / business partner experience
- 1-3 years of Salesforce implementation (design, configuration, deployment) experience
- Success in running project timelines, communicating across business units and guiding Salesforce solutions
- Experience in owning initiatives and creating alignment across teams
- Familiarity in driving insights through data analytics (Salesforce / Tableau reporting)
- Hands-on exposure with common sales systems and tooling
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is required
- Experience working with sales platforms (ie. RingDNA, Outreach, Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg etc)
- Sales Cloud Certified, or other Salesforce platform experience
As a Program Manager for the Sales Operations team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Capture business process barriers and draft documents to align project objectives between partners and technology owners
- BE AN OWNER: Embrace and take ownership of ambiguous and complex business problems by being resourceful and visible. Own a roadmap of process improvement projects to ensure your partners are wildly successful.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our Growth Sales team, their objectives and concerns.
- DRAW THE OWL: Ideate and design new business processes to address day-to-day inefficiencies or mature and evolve current business processes for our Growth Sales team
Near Term Responsibilities:
- Understand the Twilio Sales funnel, identify gaps and recommend efficiency opportunities
- Assist technology owners and engineers with various work streams critical to large projects
- Create and own the feedback loop and collaboration with our Account Executives in the field to influence our roadmap
- Provide end-user support and training; documenting new and existing processes and configuring new procedures and workflows
Long Term Initiatives:
- Own and improve the Growth AE segment roadmap of operational improvements
- Support operational reporting to improve process rigor
- Help define measurable goals on Growth AE business processes, such as out-bounding, sales and forecasting, account management, revenue realization, and system adoption metrics
- Lead the relationship with our business partners across the sales funnel
- Recommend and drive impactful programs that elevate Twilio’s sales funnel to deliver business outcomes and help our partners exceed their goals
- Evolve our Sales business processes to the degree of operational excellence expected in any large B2B enterprise with a global and scaling GTM team
As a Program Manager for the Sales Operations team, you will quickly learn Twilio’s unique business processes and identify gaps and efficiency opportunities for those processes. You will work with the wider Sales Efficiency team to recommend and implement process changes for the Sales funnel, and maintain the systems that power these critical business processes. This role will also be responsible for driving success metrics that these business processes yield. You will also engage and manage relationships with internal business partners who are leveraging our systems.
You are a results-oriented individual who wants to make a difference, accepts accountability, and takes the initiative to iterate and improve. In this role, you will be challenged to think creatively about how to reshape existing processes to become more efficient. Your work will be integral to supporting impactful initiatives, which will contribute to the success of the Growth Account Executive team and support Twilio’s fast growth.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers!