Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the Core Creative team, which is a part of the Brand department in Twilio Marketing. In true Twilio fashion, you’ll lead a team of designers & videographers who create touch-points in the form of illustrations, event experiences, campaigns, collateral, brand-level videos, and much more.
You’ll build and lead the core creative design team. You’ll be the champion of the careers and craft of core creative in Twilio Brand. You’ll manage the visual designers who set, maintain and explore the core brand standards which are the foundation for any internal or external touchpoint. Scale is paramount for our standards, so having a global approach to consistency mechanisms will be vital. Additionally, you'll manage videographers responsible for executing against our video strategy — as Twilio grows, video is becoming a more critical part of how we tell simple stories about complex technology.
You’ll partner with the Web team to ensure the translation of the core Twilio brand elements are showing up correctly in our digital properties. You understand that the digital properties are owned by the web team so the partnership is in a consultative manner.
You’ll collaborate with the Brand Experience team to help execute output for programs at substantial scale like SIGNAL. Brand Experience charts the course on net-new programs at Twilio and Core Creative strategically partners with them to help pull the vision off.
We’re targeting a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 4+ years management of brand design teams of at least 5 people, in SaaS or platform companies where communicating difficult technical concepts visually is critical. You’ve built and led full-time employees, as well as contract resources and developed teams that make individuals successful.
- 6+ years in brand design and strategy, ideally with hands-on design experience in brand identity systems and guidelines, brand strategy, storytelling and video production. You’ve built and contributed to scalable brand identities by understanding the array of unique needs. You can lead teams to develop solutions by focusing on long term strategy as opposed to giving the partner what they think they need.
- 3+ years in project management based ideology. You’ve spent significant time in your career managing projects from conceptualization to completion. You understand principles of agile and scrum and know how to implement them across the team. You’ll track, quantify, communicate and document the Core Creative Team's workload on a weekly/sprint basis. You are at ease managing deadlines, shuffling resources, and removing roadblocks for the design team while also meeting partner expectations.
- You understand how to market to developers and the enterprise. While at face value these personas may feel like opposite ends of the spectrum. Twilio was founded on the idea that developers can build solutions to hard problems. Developers are a core component of our business that we must continue engage. You will be asked to strike the right balance in order to appeal to developers and be able to speak to the enterprise audience.
As the Senior Design Manager on the Core Creative team you’ll live the Twilio Magic Values by:
- Empowering Others and guiding your team to build measurable brand guidelines that can be activated and adhered to at scale.
- Being Bold as you lead the team to innovate and inspire customers and prospects to think bigger about what’s possible with our customer engagement platform.
- Believing that building an extraordinary brand starts with building a diverse team, and Being Inclusive every step of the way.
- Drawing the Owl by helping forge new paths for how we show up in the market and make ourselves relevant amongst our competitors.
- Ruthlessly Prioritizing and making sure the team’s finite resources are being spent on the most impactful initiatives.
- Be an Owner by evaluating and balancing opposing priorities against each other. Understanding there will be times you have to make hard business decisions with proper justification.
Core Creative leads our colleagues by example, enabling them to elevate their content with high quality design. We build scale mechanisms to enable a dispersed team to build our brand with a consistent voice and connect with our audiences on an emotional level. We write guidelines and create magic moments in order to help build trust in a brand that exists to serve its customers all across the globe.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers!