Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Offensive Security Engineer to proactively assess our security posture and help challenge/improve blue team detections. The person in this role will conduct offensive assessments of Twilio both from outside of the corporate network as well as from within various enterprise environments with the goals of testing/validating security controls, identification of security gaps, and testing/validating blue team detection and response.
Twilio is looking for an offensive security engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working on corporate red teams. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in Security, including extensive experience building custom tooling
- Telecom security experience is a plus
- Relevant experience running application or network level penetration tests and writing professional reports
- Relevant experience assessing cloud environments, specifically AWS
- Experience building automation & tooling
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge
- Experience with red team exercises and outbriefs
- Experience working across teams to help drive security improvements across the enterprise
- Contributing back to the community via conference talks, open source projects, or blog posts
- OSCP or other similar certifications
- CVEs and 0-day research
As an Offensive Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document learnings from engagements.
- BE AN OWNER: Work across security teams to help drive detection and prevention improvements across Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Share knowledge and experience with other members of the security team.
- DON’T SETTLE: Planning and performing offensive security engagements against Twilio and its acquisitions
- BE BOLD: Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilio products and services
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with other stakeholder teams to plan and execute impactful purple and orange team activities for Twilio.
The offensive security team is an important component in Twilio’s Security & Trust organization. This team proactively assesses risk to our network, infrastructure, systems, and employees by mimicking tactics that are used by real world adversaries. This team also helps the blue team validate detection and response procedures. Therefore, we are looking to continue building this team in order to continue to drive security improvements through proactive security assessments.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $109,824- $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $96,096- $132,132
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks