Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an Operations Manager to lead the IP Operations Team to help expand our carrier network connectivity globally for Voice and Messaging. The person in this role will manage a globally distributed team of Operations Engineers and be responsible for strategy, process and execution for onboarding, testing and monitoring SIP, SMPP, VPN and Twilio Network Exchange connectivity globally for carriers and physical customer connectivity; optimising for reliability, redundancy, scalability and capacity.
Successful candidates will have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SMPP, Juniper and other IP and telephony protocols for carrier interconnections. They will know how to interface with global carrier teams and troubleshoot all ranges of issues. Telecom regulations and functionality differs from country to country and a good candidate would have the ability to identify requirements and be passionate about improving or establishing new and scalable processes.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Interconnection Management and also has:
- Advanced SIP and SMPP knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Advanced IP networking knowledge: Peering management and routing, direct interconnections, VPNs
- Being a leading expert with respect to voice and messaging interconnections
- Experience designing, running and continually improving processes to deliver operational excellence
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing and reporting on KPIs
- Fluency in performing analysis and evaluation using key operational metrics.
- Effectively communicates up to C-Level at advanced level using supporting data
- Thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme. You’re an expert at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously with proven experience project managing large cross-team projects
- Work on real time QoS measurement to track and detect issues
- Work on capacity planning and evolution of all interconnections for the carrier edge network
- Automating tasks where possible to scale operational processes
- Being a self starter that can take on obscure requirements and figure out how best to make them work
- Excellent verbal and written English, more languages is a plus
- Create, Update internal documentation and reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant Management experience in Telecommunication Carrier Network or Internet infrastructure work
As an IP Operations Manager, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop new operational processes and KPIs to drive Operational Excellence for the team
- NEVER SETTLE: Work with Twilio’s carrier partners to understand their connectivity requirements and ensure they meet Twilio’s requirements and SLAs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Co-ordinate training and development programs to level-up and scale the team
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate and easy to follow internal documentation and runbooks for new and existing interconnections and processes
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Understand key quality metrics of voice and SMS communication and implement testing processes and SLAs to ensure our carriers are consistently performing at their peak.
- BE AN OWNER: Coordinate migrations and projects for capacity and planning. Work with Engineering & Customer Service teams to collaborate on solutions and approach for persistence issues.
Twilio’s global carrier network is constantly growing, and the IP Operations team is responsible for onboarding carrier partners in a fast and reliable way. We make sure Twilio always has the best reach and high-end quality when it comes to termination routes and international phone numbers.
We are the team known for our in-depth telecom experience and perfect documentation, we are planning and building Twilio’s carrier-facing infrastructure. Join us if you are open to new challenges, love solving problems and want to work in a small group of professionals from all over the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.