Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced Architect for the Phone Numbers team. Phone Numbers are central and critical to everything we do at Twilio and we are looking for somebody to lead our innovative work to handle the complexity, scale and changing landscape of telecommunication numbers across the globe. Phone numbers are the pillar which all our communications products rely on in over 100 countries.
- You are experienced and understand the advantages and tradeoffs to microservices architectures.
- You have experience with complex, tightly coupled distributed systems.
- You've built systems that can scale for unpredictable load profiles.
- You deeply understand the best ways to build systems for the cloud with experience in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You have broken up monolithic architectures and are able to understand the balance between a complete monolith and a collection of small microservices.
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans. You can lead both engineering and management.
As a Engineering Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Lead an effort to modernize and upgrade the largest global numbers directory in the world
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead engineering on building systems that make our customers and our internal operations teams more efficient.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Lead our architecture design for building, deploying our systems at high scale throughput.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead the coordination and development efforts of multiple phone numbers engineering teams based out of San Francisco, Madrid, Bogota and remote.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, other Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent
The Phone Numbers team is critical to many of our product lines, from IoT to Flex, Messaging to Voice and beyond. Our systems are used at scale by our customers as well as other internal teams at Twilio. This role will put you in the middle of coordination across Twilio globally building to tomorrow's scale today.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.