Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Group Architect to be a key leader in driving technology alignment and excellence across multiple business units at Twilio. As one of the most senior technologists in the company, this role will work across the entire engineering function and partner with other functions including legal, security, engineering, product and sales to drive solutions to our most challenging problems. This role requires excellent technical skills paired with business insight and an ability to influence outside of hierarchy. Working directly with the CTO, this role will contribute to defining and implementing a long term company-wide technology roadmap focused on architecture, platform, and data-design.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading multi-functional technical initiatives. They also have:
- Experience leading the strategy, planning, and execution of technology initiatives for a company, multiple business units or product groups.
- Defining, evolving and implementing Twilio Architectural Principles
- Researching global technology trends and their applicability to Twilio’s capabilities
- Demonstrated track record of influence across multiple partner groups.
- Operational experience: demonstrated ability to deliver fault tolerant, high available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments.
- Ability to articulate and present vision to both technical and non technical partners.
- Machine learning experience is a plus
- Bachelors / Masters degree or equivalent experience required
As a Group Architect, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale distributed systems.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with other Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams and may have even managed a team of high level engineers previously.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
Trust is the number one priority at Twilio. Architects at Twilio set the standard for engineering excellence across the entire company. They work on our hardest problems to build high quality systems aligned to our business needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.