Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio,org is seeking a passionate team member to join the EMEA Twilio.org team - the social impact arm within Twilio. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to work with some of the top tier global nonprofits and social enterprises to define and build the next generation of communication technologies for social good. You have the rare combination of social impact experience, business acuity, and basic technical savviness, and are looking to extend your career where these skills can intersect and grow!
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a team member who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience creating long lasting relationships with new organizations. This person will serve as the entry point for EMEA Twilio.org, partnering closely with sales, product, and marketing teams to accelerate Twilio's adoption. You will use your experience, network and natural curiosity to build trust among Tier 1 nonprofit organizations. You will explain Twilio.org’s role in their value chain across all lines of their business (beneficiary response, volunteer engagement, fundraising).
- 3+ years of sales experience in the PaaS/SaaS industries, telco experience is a plus.
- Fluent in at least three European languages.
- A go-getter demeanor, who wants to develop new and innovative communications workflows.
- General understanding of Sales Enablement Platforms (Outreach), CRM and prospecting tools.
- Has a personal mission for working with nonprofit organizations and making the world a better place for everyone.
- Culturally aware - deep international experience, especially emerging markets a significant plus.
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials and so-whats, with meaningful synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down.
- Proven track record of prioritization and organization - NFP ecosystem in EMEA is complicated and nuanced.
- You will play a key role in expanding the reach of the Twilio.org impact across EMEA, amongst large & mid-sized (Tier 1) NFPs.
- This role will see you forming relationships across these organizations within the initial pipeline, and producing opportunities for more senior sales team members to build on those opportunities.
- You will utilize your skills to build valuable relationships, becoming a high-level representative for the Twilio.org mission and customer portfolio.
- Work with Twilio.org marketing & sales teams to build out events, cultivate relationships & leads, and put them into a proper nurture process.
- Be ready to step-up and help in later stages of relationship, including elements of deal progression, customer success management, and project portfolio engagement.
- Be a GO TO PERSON for Growth & Mid-Market EMEA sales teams regarding the Twilio.org value proposition, processes, and customer concerns.
As an Account Executive in Twilio.org EMEA you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON'T SETTLE: Growth mentality of exceeding expectations and targets combined with focus on social impact and making the world a better place.
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Twilio.org sales teams and technical leads, to build creative outreach programs that help grow the enterprise and Mid-Market nonprofit pipeline in EMEA.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Research and build new and existing accounts via adding contacts, outbound calling efforts and sending strategic email, video, and social campaigns. Looking for organizations that will move Twilio.org closer to the North Star goal of helping 1 billion people by 2030.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop positive relationships (both internally and externally), and excel at building long-lasting partnerships with prospective customers.
The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 100 million globally per year. As part of the team dedicated to social impact, you will tackle strategically critical process improvement projects across the company, working with senior leaders and their teams to tackle operational challenges; enable growth and innovation; deliver critical business insights; and drive increased effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of the European offices (work from home during current pandemic measures). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.