Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, Where, What and Why
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical relationship with the customer, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in the technical win and the customer deciding to move forward with a Twilio powered solution.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Twilio is looking for interns who live the Twilio Magic and have a demonstrated track record of learning, growth, impact, and success. If you have a passion for engineering, but also have an understanding of the impact technology can have on customers, this is the internship for you. Our ideal candidates:
- Are working towards a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Enjoy finding and creating innovative solutions to real world customer problems
- Have software development skills and perhaps are a part of the open source community
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture is a plus
- Have a hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
As a Solutions Engineering Intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values every day:
- BE AN OWNER & DON’T SETTLE: Own your summer project from start to finish, and deliver phenomenal results. Never stop learning new products and new technologies. Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes and systems. Expect the best from yourself.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation. Collaborate with the team to tackle complex customer problems. Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Bring in your expertise and experience to empower your team and make things better in all aspects.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. You’ll help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs. Twilio customers often share common business challenges, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your development, learning, and entire employee experience! We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This internship position for summer 2021 will be based remotely. The full-time opportunity will be located in one of our beautiful offices in Denver or Atlanta (950 East Paces Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326). Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Standard Hourly Rate for Intern - $30/hour
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
- Prescription Drug
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks