Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate team member to join the Office of the CEO to help drive strategic, corporate programs. You’ll play a key role in setting company-wide strategic priorities and translating those priorities into operational goals that align organizational resources. As we continue to enhance Twilio’s planning processes across the business, you’ll help to reinforce consistent practices, surface and address points of interdependency or potential conflict between teams, and ensure that key initiatives are adequately resourced and set up for success. As the company scales, the complexity of planning activities will increase, and it’s more important than ever to have a systematic and scalable approach that will keep pace with Twilio’s growth.
A key role of the Office of the CEO is to own and communicate the strategic business narrative and drive organizational alignment to that strategy for cross-functional initiatives and communications. You will work with executives across the business to identify strategic and process gaps, elevate these issues to executive leadership and help drive programs to completion to address them. You will work to enhance executive analytics and visibility to business performance by developing dashboards and tracking mechanisms to monitor progress against key objectives. We are looking for a strong analytical background with experience implementing thoughtful operations and processes, who can break down tough business problems and build trust-based relationships at all levels of the organization.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful cross-functional projects.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic planning, business operations, management consulting or equivalent role, preferably in a fast-paced tech environment.
- A passionate operator, with demonstrated leadership of structured planning processes or strategic programs, who can bridge the gap between strategy and execution and enjoys finding simplicity in the most complex and ambiguous problems.
- Thrive in entrepreneurial settings where creativity and grit are required, because you like building and scaling programs from the ground up.
- Ability to grasp technical and product concepts and to articulate business, financial and other points of value to internal teams, as well as external stakeholders.
- Provide key input and insight into the analysis of strategic opportunities and challenges in collaboration with the executive team and senior leadership.
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
As a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with and support business owners across functions to define and evaluate core processes, identify improvements, define key metrics, and measure outcomes. Synthesize complex concepts and data into strategic narratives for executive or senior level stakeholders.
- DON’T SETTLE: Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, determine improvements, and follow through with action-oriented insights
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep into the details by conducting interviews with global stakeholders, synthesizing findings, and marrying qualitative insights with supporting data
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed to deliver improvements to our customers. Think through the customer experience of a process end to end, and focus on resolving pain points for our customers and our employees.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization. Develop and implement key metric report cards for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the progress and performance across all projects
As part of a new team supporting the CEO, you will partner with our most senior leaders and their teams to tackle strategic and operational challenges; enable growth and innovation; and drive increased effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832.00 - $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728.00 - $145,376.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks