Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a curious and driven Customer Experience (CX) Research Intern to join our team. In this role you will work closely with the CX team to capture, analyze and synthesize customer feedback from different points in the customer journey. An ideal candidate is customer-focused and eager to jump in and improve our Voice of Customer program. This role reports to the Director of Customer Experience Research.
The Customer Experience Research intern will be responsible for bringing qualitative customer feedback to life by finding themes and developing actionable insights and recommendations. The role will work closely with the Customer Experience team and other functions within the Go To Market and Product Organization. We are looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and is motivated to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment.
- You’re analytical and data driven. You can frame the problem you’d like to solve, generate insights from both qualitative and quantitative feedback, and can synthesize and present learnings.
- You’re curious and an excellent storyteller, able to cleanly package insights and recommendations from qualitative feedback.
- You have strong planning and organizational skills.
- You’re a proactive self-starter, yet know how and when to escalate and ask for help.
- You have excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- You’re energized by working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- You are currently enrolled as a student in your junior year or in a graduate program with plans to graduate in December 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Bonus: Project Management experience, multi-lingual (German preference), video editing experience, unmoderated research experience, journey / task mapping experience.
As a member of the Customer Experience team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Contribute to and support customer experience research projects that promote the Twilio value of Wear the Customer Shoes.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’ll be responsible for evaluating customer feedback from various qualitative and quantitative sources to educate the organization on the customer journey and highlight areas of improvement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a builder and partner with the CX team to continuously optimize and improve our evolving voice of customer program.
- BE BOLD / DON’T SETTLE: Get creative and proactively identify new methodologies or opportunities to effectively capture and share customer feedback.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help foster a customer-driven culture within Twilio by encouraging cross-functional teams to be customer-focused in all decisions.
The Customer Experience team uses the voice of the customer to inform every element of Twilio’s decision-making. With user research, we test hypotheses and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Product to build a scalable customer experience that empowers the world’s developers. Our team is highly cross-functional, and strong relationships across the organization fuels our success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.