Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why And Where
Twilio is looking for a curious and action-oriented analyst with a can do attitude. Ideal candidates will be technically strong, have a good business acumen and can communicate well with business partners. Ideal candidates are strategic thinkers, proactive and creative in finding problems and solutions, leading projects and getting things done.
Twilio is looking for an Analyst who lives in Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 2+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, working with business partners to convert ambiguous messy data into tangible actionable results to influence business decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically and initiate, refine and complete projects with minimal guidance.
- Expert level experience working with SQL and relational data (2+ years on a regular basis).
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation and analysis
- Experience in advanced analytics and machine learning, such as predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, causal analysis.
- Experience with data visualization. Experience with Tableau and Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto).
- Experience in telecommunications reporting at international, USA Federal or State Level highly desired.
As a BI Analyst, you’ll be solving Regulatory & Compliance team’s problems to bring impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and technical skills and a leader in building an analytics foundation to enable and scale up analytics functions. Example responsibilities include
- Work with the Regulatory & Compliance team to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in outcomes via defining KPI, designing and building reports, dashboards, predictive models.
- Democratize data access and communicate the insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing and maintaining data dictionaries for metrics, models, datasets and dashboards.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl and Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests and solve the problem with the best method for the problem.
- Be An owner and Write It Down: Own the data from tracking to business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop and document processes and make sure everyone complies.
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders and embedded analysts in different areas to help think through and plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient around a single source of truth.
Business Intelligence team is the centralized analytics team that provides leadership and analytics platforms to enable all analytics functions in the company as well as working on high priority projects to bring business impact from data analytics. This specific role is focusing on the international product team’s priorities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.