Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an Engagement Manager-Email Services to sell Twilio Professional Services to our email channel customers. The Engagement Manager is the front line of the Professional Services team responsible for encouraging positive relationships with both our product sales teams and our customers.
As an Engagement Manager you will be part of a growing Professional Service team within an outstanding technology organization. You will be collaborating with world-class companies to help them build next-generation contact center and customer engagement applications involving email, SMS, voice and video. You will work to understand their business case, user personas, use cases, and timelines to provide the right services solution for them. You will also work closely with Twilio sales in order to identify service opportunities and drive business to both our services organization and to our systems integrator (SI) partner ecosystem. Further, you will build relationships with leadership to help grow the services sales organization as we scale.
The Twilio Engagement Manager-Email Services is a skilled relationship builder. You must be comfortable discussing Twilio products, standard methodologies, lessons learned, expectations and real-world business impacts to a wide audience consisting of c-suite leaders, IT leadership, project managers, contact center management, and developers alike. You must also be comfortable working within the Twilio Professional Services organization to run a sometimes sophisticated balance between sales, staffing and delivery considerations.
Twilio is looking for an Engagement Manager with a consistent record in Email Services Sales or sales supporting role who can, over time, learn the nuances of selling services related to our other engagement channels as well..
- 5-8 years of professional experience in software, professional services, and/or contact center, with 2+ years experience selling or directly supporting the sales process for a services practice
- Ability to work within a high-velocity deal team with a diverse set of deal team members, and adaptable in a work environment that has a start-up mentality
- Comfortable carrying bookings targets
- Experience around ESP, email marketing and/or email deliverability with the ability to pick up on new technologies, new products and new industries quickly
- Able to draft a high level solution architecture and quickly identify complexity, risk and dependencies
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities to quickly earn trusted-advisor status with internal partners and clients alike
- Willing to travel up to 25%
You will be responsible for driving bookings to the Professional Services team through networking with Twilio sales, building an opportunity pipeline, and working with customers to optimally enable their Twilio implementation. You will be expected to lead the sales cycle from (internal) prospecting through contracts and to the handoff to delivery.
As an Engagement Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Entrepreneurial spirit required as you develop and maintain key relationships among Twilio Sales, Partner Team, Customer Support and Client Success in order to keep the pipeline full of services opportunities. You will get plenty of support along the way, but your territory would be yours to manage--with an eye toward results!
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with the sales team and the customer to resolve right approach for their Twilio implementation and application support. Every customer is different and so are their circumstances, so being able to “right size” a solution is critical.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & BE BOLD: Advocate for the customer’s short-, medium- and long-term success every step of the way. Allow your experience and insight to advise the process--even when the customer needs convincing.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Selling here is a team sport and inclusive collaboration amongst all key partners is crucial!
- WRITE IT DOWN: Craft clear statements of work that set good and proper expectations between Twilio and our customers, so that the experience and the outcomes are satisfying.
The Engagement Manager role plays a pivotal role within Services and Sales at Twilio. They are important to the success of our business as they bring in the work that keeps the Professional Services team going and growing and ultimately helps drive customer success on the platform. Further, the Engagement Manager serves as the face of Professional Services to the customer during the selling process--often proving to create the customer’s first impression of our expertise and commitment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with ready access to all of today’s critical communication channels in order to build applications to engage with their world wherever they are and however they prefer to connect. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. We love candidates equally committed to our Twilio Magic.
This position will be located in our Denver office. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,500 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, Berlin, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$90,752 - $124,784
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks