Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Core Creative Visual Design Intern who understands the basic fundamentals of graphic design. They will contribute to the ever growing list of programs and initiatives that the brand team supports. The person in this role will have a willingness to learn and must approach difficult problems with thoughtful, logical and creative solutions. You should explore many avenues to satisfy project requirements and must collaborate with stakeholders and team members to ensure that projects are being delivered appropriately. You will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Creative.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic. They also:
- Have expertise in using the Adobe Creative Suite. Must have good working knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Intermediate understanding of Adobe Premier and After Effects would be ideal. Experience working with Sketch and Figma is a plus.
- Can concept projects from start to finish
- Live and breath all things design
- Must have online portfolio to be considered
- Ideally have some prior real-world experience
- Have a good understanding of typography, layout, and production design
- Have the ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Have the ability to organize time and meet deadlines, manage workflow and prioritize effectively
- Are detailed. You must be able to keep track of the tasks you’re asked to complete.
- Are collaborative. You must be highly engaged with stakeholders and be open to their feedback and ideas.
- Are focused and self-motivated.
As a Core Creative Intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Develop and produce compelling, on-brand design content from concept through delivery
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate across departments to create touch points and collateral for a variety of applications – internal, external, social etc. Work closely with other Visual Designers on the team to make sure work is meeting the standards of the team.
- BE BOLD: Think outside the box to create relevant, on trend design work
- NO SHENANIGANS: Consult with internal stakeholders in various departments to ensure clear direction and expectations for graphic deliverables
- DON’T SETTLE: Demonstrate expertise and continued learning of design technology, and industry trends.
- DRAW THE OWL: Ability to discuss concepts and direction, provide preferences and differentiate between options.
The Core Creative team is looking to hire an intern because we believe in the growth and development of designers. The brand team works on high impact projects that give great learning opportunities. We strive to provide projects to our team members that offer stability and challenge. Through those things, we believe that our team will be set up to thrive.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This will be a remote position. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.