Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s SMS business is growing rapidly with many customers who have differing needs and an ecosystem of many hundreds of global providers that are used to deliver messages. Twilio has a compelling vision of how the messaging traffic from such customers utilizes this choice of supply to meet both the needs of the customer and expectations of the ecosystem. As a PM, you will align with our engineering teams to expand upon and deliver this vision. You will work with architects and engineering to define the architecture, services and APIs that evolves the Twilio platform.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Product Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a consistent record of leading building software solutions. They also have:
- Proven experience in a Product Management role in a software company.
- Preferred experience of marketplace dynamics and incentives.
- Experience of data platforms, defining and recording transactional data at scale.
- Strong writing skills, for both product and engineering. You can communicate sophisticated matters concisely and clearly.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many sources, prioritize, and partner with engineering and design to deliver.
- Analytical skills, ability to query (SQL) complex data sets to make data driven decisions and insights.
- Experience working with engineers to deliver software using Agile methodologies and lead solution design with engineering partners.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, and SMS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicating with other product managers across the globe, from product vision to specifications to product performance analysis. Documenting and regularly representing your product and your teams work to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: You will act as a leader! Not just setting direction for an engineering team, but for your product, it’s customers and business outcomes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will take large, ill defined, and complex ideas and compose clearly articulated roadmaps. You will partner with teams to deliver them on time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to align on vision and build a roadmap that we can execute.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
SMS is one of Twilio’s key businesses and is backed by a broad and diverse supply chain of carriers and service providers who are managed by business development and operations teams. How we partner and work with these suppliers has a direct impact on Twilio’s customers - ensuring they have successful communication that is competitively priced. It is therefore a critical area of the business that we continue to develop and innovate.
Twilio empowers the globes developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote in US or European locations, or located in our Malmo or Tallinn office. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Base salary range: $109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
Base salary range: $96,096 - 132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks