Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a motivated Growth Account Executive in Tokyo who possesses a go-getter attitude, and is interested in evolving their career within the fast-growing customer engagement market. Come join us!
As a Growth Account Executive, you are:
- Aligned with our core values.
- Willing to go above and beyond to wear your customers’ shoes, gain their trust, and make them wildly successful.
- Comfortable asking questions, seeking answers, and drawing the owl.
- Outspoken, but willing to collaborate and listen to ideas.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with many priorities, and have the ability to optimally prioritize tasks and own your time.
- Hard-working and driven to exceed targets put in front of you.
- Able to prove success of being responsible for your own book of business, and directly selling a technical product or service for at least 2 years.
- Passionate about customer engagement and comfortable speaking to technical buyers and C-level executives.
- Curious about technology and willing to learn about how things work beyond the surface-level.
- Ethical. Hands on. Hardworking. Creative. A team-player.
- Native Japanese speaker and business level English
- Quick learner both Twilio Products, business model, and culture
As a Growth Account Executive, you will be responsible for onboarding new prospects and customers, below 2000 employees. You will be able to sell the entire Twilio platform to help businesses improve their customer engagement strategy and solve real business problems.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Consistently delight customers by providing them with the best experience
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITISE: Lead a large quantity of existing opportunities, build pipeline both within your territory accounts and by prospecting, and accurately qualify in/out new opportunities generated by our BDR team. This is very much a high velocity business.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with customers to understand critical business objectives or other key performance indicators, and aid them in achieving their business goals and utilize value-based selling to position Twilio’s platform as solving specific business pains.
- BE BOLD: Champion and represent the customer at all levels internally within Twilio, working with various supporting teams such as sales engineering, marketing, product, legal, finance, leadership, etc.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Design mutually-beneficial long-term contracts that address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide accurate reporting and weekly forecasting
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.