Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager, UX Research to be a key member of the UX Research Team leadership and manage a team of 4-6 UX Researchers. You will be part of a high-energy dynamic group of individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds. We are deeply invested in shaping the experience of Twilio’s mission to fuel the future of communications by building communications tools that developers, startups, enterprises, and everyone in between, rely on every day.
Twilio is looking for a Manager, UX Research who demonstrates the following:
- 6+ years of industry research experience; an ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Proven track record of impactful research and leadership that drives great insights and user experiences
- Passion for software development and developers
- Mastery of a comprehensive toolkit of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and ability to come up with creative research solutions as needed
- Experience collecting and analyzing user behavior through survey design, data validation, and experimentation (A/B testing)
- Great storytelling with keen abilities to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate findings verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of solid connections and successful relationships
- Attention to detail, organization, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple direct reports who all work on different products and/or projects
- Has managed teams enough to know how to scale research processes, tools, and the organization of data for optimal sharing and efficiency
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, Information Science, or in a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
As a Manager, UX Research, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Uphold and evolve research standard methodologies. Maintain an extremely high bar for the quality and impact of research.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionately vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, and go-to-market activities.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be a proud people manager. Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of UX research. Encourage the sharing of new research methods, approaches, and tools, and invest in professional development. Contribute to and help evolve the UX research community and sense of pride.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE + WRITE IT DOWN: Coach your team on how to break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- BE AN OWNER: Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate and connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to share findings, align priorities, and find opportunities for improvements to process or people.
The UX Research Team is a critical partner to the business, enabling the company to conduct customer research effectively. Uncovering user behaviors, needs, and motivations in order to design products and services that provide value is crucial to user experience research and design.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks