Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our UX organization and to lead the design of customer experiences for the Growth team. In this role, you will work alongside multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that acquire, onboard, nurture, retain and grow our self-serve customer base. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment, working in quick iterations with an experimental approach.
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Product Designer on the Growth team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the user experience to acquire, nurture and grow our self serve customer base. Design delightful experiences while balancing both business and customer needs. Participate in Design Critiques with other designers to ensure consistency across Twilio products.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our developer and broader community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific approach - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting. Have an agile experimentation approach knowing how to ship to learn and iterate.
- Ruthlessly prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently, with a attitude of “build to learn”
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics. Gain alignment with partners on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process. Proactively invite diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process. Being humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that enables our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers and researchers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
The Growth team sits at the nexus of Sales, Marketing and Engineering focused on making Twilio customers successful using our platform. We are building and powering the onboarding experience for the fastest growing $1B company in Silicon Valley, with millions of developers on our platform and hundreds of thousands signing up every year. The person in this role is responsible for creating delightful customer experiences to onboard, retain, and grow new users via an intuitive customer experience. From removing friction on signup, to rethinking the trial experience, to creating a whole new lifecycle for self serve customers, the Growth team is responsible for introducing more people to Twilio and what it can do for them.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.