Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a leader to drive data strategy for the GTM Operations team! This is a great role for an experienced Sales Operations professional who is looking for a role that can shape and build infrastructure that will drive operational scale or an experienced Salesforce Solutions Analyst looking to move into a Sales Operations role that leverages their technical skills to solve real problems that help drive impact.
You are right for this role if you excel at building data infrastructure at scale, driving data governance across different business units, and understand the nuances and challenges of GTM’s data needs.
We are seeking someone who excels at building infrastructure at scale and has a grasp of how to architect enterprise-grade data stores that drive, customer, and behavior model looks like, and can ideate and execute a vision for how to get there. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience in Sales Operations or a CRM architecture function
- Ability to draw and map data models and strong data engineering skills
- Strong proficiencies in building account hierarchies for fast growing companies
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is required
- Experience establishing integrations between CRM and external data systems
- Proven experience establishing data integration strategies that touch multiple departments
- Experience managing the data technology stack for CRMs over 500,000 customers
- Preferred experience using various firmographic data sources and how to leverage each source
- Leading contractors and offshore teams (a plus)
As the Sr. Manager of Data Strategy & Operations, you will be continuously building a roadmap of future initiatives that will improve Twilio’s abilities to be more agile and have trustworthy, fresh, expeditious customer and firmographic data. Through your day-to-day work and driving of long-term initiatives, you will help reduce current day inefficiencies caused by unclear or absent data to help deliver on a truly world-class Go-to-Market engine and excellent customer experience.
As our Go-to-Market model evolves to meet our growing business goals, you will have a front seat in evaluating the right data model and tool stack needed to help Twilio’s Go-to-Market and operations teams have the right data and governance needed to grow at scale. As the Sr. Manager, Data Strategy & Operations, you will live the Twilo Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Salesforce Einstein data architecture and governance
- DON'T SETTLE: Establish a strong and productive engagement with Twilio’s Business Intelligence team
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Working cross-functionally to build a change review board or other advanced governance system
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create our own integrations and have more autonomy from BI
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identify owners of data in the CRM and help them stay accountable
- BE INCLUSIVE: Achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other data privacy standards
The Sales Operations team is crucial for the success and scalability of our Go-to-Market efforts. We are the custodians of the systems, processes, and data that powers the day-to-day interactions across the sales organization and lay the groundwork for future initiatives. We created this role because we believe data accessibility, consistency, and right-sized access is critical to our sustained future growth.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.