Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a customer-centric marketer to join the Lifecycle Marketing Team as a summer intern. You are a strategic thinker who knows how to wear the customer’s shoes and help them overcome hurdles during their journey. You also have a passion for serving internal customers, and helping bring campaigns to life through marketing operations. You like to test new ideas to improve conversion points and are ready to make an immediate impact.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and as well as:
- An ability to understand the acquisition funnel and customer journey for a variety of segments of Twilio customers
- An experimental mindset that understands the value of testing and analyzing results
- Vision to develop tactics that will ensure our customers succeed with Twilio
- Fast learner who can get up to speed on our marketing technology stack, including Marketo and Salesforce
- Ability to write customer-facing copy to use in email and other channels
- Desire to become an expert in email marketing and drive to make marketer’s campaigns as effective and efficient as possible.
- High-level understanding of other marketing channels such as SEM, SEO and content marketing
- Excited to contribute your ideas to the broader Lifecycle Marketing organization
- Ready to join an energetic, fast-paced team
- You are currently enrolled as a student in your junior year or in a graduate program with plans to graduate in December 2020 or Spring 2021 preferably with a degree in Marketing
As a Lifecycle Marketing Intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Assist with cross-functional lifecycle testing, and play a meaningful role in the ideation phase. Execute customer-facing email campaigns via Marketo and Twilio SendGrid.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Develop lifecycle campaign ideas, and see them through to execution. Design strategies to increase efficiency of campaign operations processes.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain our customer communication calendar and provide routine written reports for major stakeholders.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Analyze email performance trends, providing insights for other marketers and identifying areas for testing.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, equity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Denver, CO office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Standard P1 Hourly Rate for Intern - $25/hr
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
- Prescription Drug
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks