Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and WhereTwilio is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as its first public policy representative focused on the Latin America region. In this critical role, you will work closely with other members of Twilio’s Global Public Policy and Legal teams, as well as its business units, to represent and advance Twilio’s interests with policymakers and telecommunications regulators in key countries in the region. You will report to the Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs, who is based in Washington, D.C.
Twilio is looking for an experienced public policy professional who lives the Twilio Magic to represent and advance its interests in the Latin America region.
- You will have at least 10 years of experience advising and representing telecommunications and technology companies on policy and regulatory issues in the region. Significant experience in one or more of the following countries is preferred: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile.
- You are able to travel internationally as needed, primarily between Washington, D.C. and the region, as well as within the region.
- You will have a thorough understanding of policymaking processes in the region and experience in devising and executing advocacy strategies at the country level.
- You will have a significant understanding of telecommunications regulatory and policy concepts, including such topics as interconnection, access to numbering resources, and telecommunications regulatory classifications, as well as an understanding of how topics such as privacy, cybersecurity, data flows, and AI apply to the enterprise software and telecom ecosystems.
- You will have a law degree or an equivalent advanced degree in a related field or equivalent experience as highlighted.
- You will have full professional proficiency in English and at least Portuguese or Spanish.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively; a preference to work as a team player; and an ability to manage a large number of projects, working independently, with colleagues distributed globally.
As Director, Latin America Public Policy, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Play a central role in devising and executing action plans to ensure that Twilio’s interests are taken into account in important telecommunications regulatory and technology proceedings in key countries.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Coordinate closely with the Global Public Policy Team and Twilio business units to develop a thorough understanding of current and future company business objectives. Work closely with Twilio’s regulatory compliance team to understand current compliance requirements and regulatory trends in key countries in the region, and assist Policy team members in other regions from time-to-time as needed.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Monitor and anticipate new telecommunications regulatory requirements and technology policy developments in key countries and keep key Twilio stakeholders, especially Super Network, informed about such developments and trends.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Coordinate the development and submission of company filings in telecommunications and technology policy proceedings as appropriate.
- BE BOLD: Cultivate relationships with and advance Twilio’s policy priorities directly with key senior-level officials in country telecommunications regulatory authorities and other relevant ministries. Build coalitions with key policy stakeholders in the region, including companies, trade associations, and civil society groups.
- DRAW THE OWL: Undertake initiatives to raise Twilio’s profile within specific countries and the region and communicate how Twilio is serving as an engine of economic innovation through panel presentations, event sponsorship, conference attendance, and similar endeavors.
The Global Public Policy team serves as the “strategic headlights” for the company: understanding and anticipating regulatory and policy developments and working to ensure that Twilio’s business interests are accommodated within that evolving landscape. We work closely with all company business units and senior leadership, and serve as the company’s principal advocates to policymakers and regulators around the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communications in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in the Washington, D.C area initially, to enable you to tap into the Latin America policy community there. Relocation to Latin America in the future will be considered. You will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, regular All Hands meetings and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.