Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Senior Manager for the Agile Program Management (APM) team is a dynamic and inspiring leader with a passion for managing, mentorship, and influential leadership. You will grow and lead a team of Agile Program Managers aligned to Flex and other Business Units. The APM team drives Agile best practices to ensure that we deliver the highest value in the shortest reasonable time. You will drive practices and continuous improvement not only with the APMs but across R&D Product and Engineering.
Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently set the bar high. To succeed in this role you will have a passion for Agile software development and program management, fostering a culture of collaboration, and possess a strong background in Agile, Scaled Agile, and other program management methodologies.
Twilo is looking for a Senior Manager of Agile Program Management who:
- Has 8-10 years of Agile experience and at least five years of experience as a people manager, including experience managing Scrum Masters (ideally also experience managing Agile Release Train Engineers [RTEs]), as well as building and leading geographically diverse teams
- Has held leadership roles in Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) settings; has familiarity with traditional project and program management methodologies and software development
- Has participated in or led Agile or Agile at Scale transformations
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to give frank and empathetic feedback and coaching
- Is a thought leader on Agile, SAFe, and Business Agility principles and practices; has SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
- Is an authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader, dedicated to the growth and success of the people you lead
As our Senior Manager, Agile Program Management, you will:
- Live by and champion our cultural values.
- BE AN OWNER: Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of Agile and Agile at Scale. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best-of-breed practices in the market, invest in professional development, and provide regular and timely critique of Agile and SAFe practices.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be a proud people manager. Identify, hire, and engage talented Agile team members. Provide regular, frequent, constructive and direct feedback to help employees excel at their job, craft, and navigate their desired career path. Be responsible for the overall success of your team members.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate with Engineering and Product leaders to ensure alignment on practices and expectations of BU Agile at Scale and scrum team Agile practices.
The APM team has played a pivotal role in Twilio’s Agile maturity and improvements in the way we deliver value to customers. As it continues to grow we need a manager to help lead and evangelize Agile and Agile at Scale best practices with a focus on principles.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be attached to our Denver hub. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960 - $175,945
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks