Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Flex is its fastest growing product! To keep pace with the growing data and new ways to work with it we need strong engineers that can create innovative solutions.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Engineer who has an excellent track record of creating usable, maintainable, and durable single page applications. This person will help to lead Flex front end development, bringing solutions to customers requiring real time connectivity to Twilio’s vast communication offerings. They will lead a group of front end engineers both by example and through influence towards architecting and delivering a next generation web-based User Interface.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic, desktop-class web applications.
- Proven ability to architect and deliver highly interactive, engaging, single page applications that are usable, performant, and supportable.
- Prior experience setting architectural direction for a large scale, user facing web UI
- Experience with end-to-end testing solutions (e.g. Selenium, Cypress).
- Experience delivering web applications in a distributed team environment.
- Significant experience with browser APIs (REST, GraphQL, GRPC, and Protobuf) and optimizing front end performance.
- Familiarity with plug-in architectures in client-side applications.
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques, client-side bundling with webpack, and deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
How You Work
- Independent: Ask questions when something doesn’t make sense, and take ownership of initiatives in an organized fashion.
- Organized: Meet tight deadlines and maintain high-quality work.
- Communicative: Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Growth-minded: Eager and open to learn and evolve quickly.
- Self-structured: Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably.
- Collaborative: Able to take ideas from many different sources and guide a group towards consensus.
- Think strategically with an eye towards the future while being able to plot a course there from the present.
- Make critical decisions on high level technical strategy and set direction for a group of disparate engineers
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions for the creation of the world’s premier programmable call center application.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with multiple teams to deliver delightful end user experiences. Lead the implementation of these experiences with your deep web development experience.
- BE BOLD: Lead and encourage standardization of standard methodologies in front end code.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure broad adoption of best principles through collaboration and active listening.
- DON’T SETTLE: Create an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency.
- BE AN OWNER: Define a strategic vision for the Flex UI that brings together a broad base of teams and and delivery methodologies.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver, CO office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.