Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a software engineer on the Voice team. You will join a cross functional team building a new product offering which allows Twilio’s customers to quickly deliver Voice features onto their mobile applications. Twilio’s customers need a comprehensive solution which allows their mobile employees to efficiently engage and serve their customers through Twilio’s communication channels and you will work with a talented and passionate team of engineers and product managers to deliver this highly anticipated product. A customer’s trust in Twilio is our highest priority as our business continues to grow so you will be involved with delivering, deploying and monitoring a highly scalable and maintainable product in addition to contributing to architecture and planning decisions.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of production level software development. They also have:
- 3+ years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Successful track record of delivering and maintaining reliable, scalable, traceable and performant distributed systems to customers in a production cloud environment
- Extensive experience with building and using REST APIs
- Experience with:
- Java (or any modern OO language) and concurrent programming
- Agile development environment and is comfortable decomposing complex problem statements
- Nice to haves:
- Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- Distributed in-memory datastore (Redis, Memcached, Hazelcast or equivalent)
- Production experience using Amazon Web Services
- SIP, RTP, communication protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and presenting your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment
As a software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You embrace putting your ideas, plans and updates into Github, JIRA, Wikis or Google docs.
- DRAW THE OWL: When you and the team encounter challenges, you pride yourself in being able to pave a safe path to continue execution.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You can lead or assist in all aspects of software development.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You like to collaborate with and invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver a meaningful product to the customers.
Programmable Voice is one of Twilio’s foundational channels which empower our customers and internal product teams to build delightful solutions. The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business’ lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to COVID-19 contact tracings. We’re excited to see what you will build!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks