Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify, Nike and many others.
In the modern world of SaaS, the integration between them and functionality provided by Twilio partners gets more and more important. It allows our customers to “connect the dots” quickly and increases the overall value almost exponentially. We are proud of Flex features and when we manage to create the living and breathing ecosystem around it, there will be no limit :)
As Flex is growing rapidly and we are seeking a Technical Editor/Writer to communicate complex and technical information more easily via structured and understandable documentation. It will enable Flex customers to connect Flex with the ecosystem of third-party services and tools they use to build, operate, measure, and improve their customer service experience.
Twilio is looking for skilled wordsmiths that will collaborate with our Partners on their documentation, develop Twilio product manuals, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity.
We have the following requirements:
- 3-5 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Ability to explain the topics clearly in text and pictures
- Previous experience writing native quality English documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Knowledge of Contact Center domain is a plus
- Basic familiarity with the CI/CD software development
As a Flex Integration Technical Editor/Writer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: everyone in Twilio should produce reasonable documentation, but your goal will be one step higher - make it well structured, intuitive and easy to grasp for external parties, be it our customers or our partners.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: deeply understand what value our customers get from the integrations as well as what value our partners get. Your work is what will guide our customers through our products and its therefore of paramount importance to have it written the way that our customer will easily find what they need and understand it.
- DRAW THE OWL: don't be afraid to come with innovative solutions how to make the documentation even more interactive, up-to-date and attractive
- BE AN OWNER & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: focus on high priorities, there will be always more work than available time
- EMPOWER OTHERS: interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in document creation
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at Sokolovská 694/100a, Karlín, Praha. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Monday lunches and Wednesday breakfasts. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.