Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. With our rapid scale we are seeking a Director of Product Strategy for R&D. This leader will help us streamline how we communicate our product portfolio to customers, partners, and internal stakeholders across R&D and GTM teams. They will collaborate with product management, research, marketing, and sales to ensure alignment with the overall the GTM product roadmap and vision!
Twilio is looking for an R&D leader who embodies the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 10-15 years of related experience, preferably within an area of cloud software solutions, communications and/or CRM
- 5+ years of product management experience, solution engineering, or solution architect experience
- Collaboration skills; can work with customers to define new solutions, and communicating those solutions across prospects and internal teams
- Able to simplify and explain technical customer requirements and use cases to sales and marketing on behalf of engineering and product management teams
- Ability to articulate the technical product value proposition and evangelize both solution and stand-alone products internally and externally
- Experience working on new product initiatives in a fast paced, technical environment
- Success in working in an cross-functional environment with a remote and global workforce. Comfortable with ambiguity and crafting structure where little exists
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science. MBA is preferred
As a Director of Product Strategy you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Participate in go-to-market engagements like roadshows, workshops, webinars, product and solution demos, industry and partner events, as well as sales enablement and training
- DRAW THE OWL: Plan a comprehensive understanding of the market’s current state, market size and growth opportunities, competitive offerings
- BE BOLD: Communicate our vision across public domains, including blogs, social media, and outbound marketing
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate research of customer needs across the company and continually assess market trends
- DON’T SETTLE: Ensure internal marketing plans and marketecture align with market and support the product roadmap and releases
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with sales teams where required in high-touch accounts worldwide through close engagement with field sales and services
- BE AN OWNER: Advise Partner/Ecosystem teams of new opportunities and help craft joint value propositions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Build technical marketing collateral (internal and external), including demos, technical / future plan presentations, white papers, case studies, etc.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this role is for you!
Twilio is a company that empowers the world’s developers. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and entire employee experience. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation - and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located remotely in western North America, or in either of our Denver or San Francisco offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.