Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an iOS software engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy and operate our mobile iOS apps and SDKs for the next generation internet and on-demand app identity theft prevention. In this role, you will be working alongside a small but collaborative team, building the next generation of Authy Apps, and SDKs for the Account Security products (Verification, Authentication, Recovery), some of Twilio’s largest platforms, both in user base and in revenue an across multiple platforms such as Android, iOS and JS. In doing so, pushing production code that’s impacting millions of developers and helping companies solve their problems. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of being a great teammate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They also have:
- Excellent Swift skills and solid knowledge of Objective-C
- Ability to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus on solving resiliency and quality challenges .
- Experience with high-traffic, and high-impact apps.
- Expertise developing for other developers, delivering libraries or SDKs, with high standards of quality, backed up with a healthy suite of tests and a CI environment.
- Bonus Points for:
- Android (Java & Kotlin)
- CI/CD, Test automation
As an iOS software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Invest the time to adequately document application design, proofs of concept and new ideas, in collaboration with your fellow engineers
- DRAW THE OWL: Think creatively and figure out creative solutions to technical problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Besides technical excellence, always keep in mind what is the business problem we are trying to solve for our customers and how our decisions impact them.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You always act in an honest, direct and transparent way and uphold our values. Provide honest feedback to your peers and leaders to help them improve.
- BE BOLD & DON`T SETTLE: Always look for the next opportunity to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
Account Security Engineering is the founding team of our Bogota office. Our developers build the leading Authy multi-factor authentication app used by millions around the world. Every day we push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery, operating with utmost reliability the API services that secure the online presence of the biggest brands. We are passionate about crafting simple APIs that developers will love.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to work with a team of bright and supportive professionals who will care about helping you on a successful career path.Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in either a remote location in Colombia or (eventually) in our Bogota, Colombia office. With the latter, you will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.