Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) is the leading cloud communications and customer engagement platform connecting over 2 million developers across 50,000 businesses in 100+ countries! Our mission is to power the future of communications! With Twilio Messaging platform we enable companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. Messaging builds personal connections with customers at scale on WhatsApp, SMS, MMS, and Chat.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who comes with product thinking and customer focus, and is passionate about the opportunity to lead a world-class small engineering team that helps Twilio define and deliver Twilio Frontline to the market for next-generation communications.
You also have:
- A track record of building and leading diverse engineering teams in software companies
- Experience in driving and coordinating initiatives across engineering, UX & design and product teams spanned across multiple timezones.
- Ability to represent your customers’ perspectives. You research and plan for how they will be impacted by the new features, and you always work to enable their success.
- A solid engineering background and possess hands-on knowledge about delivering mobile applications and SDKs to the customers, backed by large-scale services in production.
- Passion for operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- A fair knowledge of data privacy aspects and compliance processes.
- Strong ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
We welcome and incorporate diverse people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE: Nurture your team. Hire great, diverse people, provide coaching, mentorship, manage their performance and career development.
- BE AN OWNER & WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with Tech Leads, Product Managers, UX researchers and Architects: you will work on requirements, execution plans, define and track measurable goals for the team, and help guide our product roadmap.
- WEAR CUSTOMER SHOES & BE BOLD: Ship great products. Release, deploy and maintain world-class software in accordance with Twilio's engineering practices.
- DON’T SETTLE: Invest in operational maturity. Build trust and reliability in your products, review performance against service level objectives, address incidents, and prioritize improvements.
The APIs, SDKs and Applications developed by the Messaging teams are used by thousands of customers, both internal and external to Twilio. You will lead the team responsible for design and development of Twilio Frontline, delivering outstanding application experience for the mobile workforce to disrupt the traditional monolithic customer engagement application business. You will work at the frontier of infrastructure that enables Frontline, powers aspects of Flex, and works in concert with Conversations and Programmable Messaging suite. Our multi-tenant services, APIs, SDKs and Applications provide a solid platform for a variety of use-cases, including mobile workforce, customer support, personal advisors, healthcare, scaling from startup to enterprise solutions.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.