Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineering manager who is excited at the opportunity to build and lead a world-class Interconnect team based in Bogota, Colombia. The Interconnect team is tasked with building out automation and services that enable customers to use private connections when connecting to Twilio’s cloud.
Twilio is looking for an engineering manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 3 + years of experience building and leading engineering teams in the software enterprise environment.
- Value operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers high quality products and services
- Past experience building highly scalable and well architectured platforms
- Passion and past successful experiences about growing and developing talent
- Pragmatism, capacity to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- Have successfully implemented agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation in your teams.
- Aptitude for working with teams in globally remote offices and syncing with colleagues around the world
- Desire to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD, EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and grow your team. Hire the best talent, help your staff succeed through coaching and mentoring, and support your team members with their career development.
- BE INCLUSIVE, DRAW THE OWL, WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Lead your engineers, collaborate with Tech Leads / Architects / Product Managers to develop requirements and execution plans, define and track measurable goals for the team, and help guide the product roadmap.
- DON’T SETTLE: Build and run great products. Together with your team, execute on developing world-class software following Twilio's engineering and operational standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for the overall success of your team and your products.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio’s Interconnect product offers customers the ability to connect to Twilio’s cloud via private connections. The goal of thes private connections is to protect customers communications with Network level security and guarantee quality from end-to-end.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Bogotá office but is open to remote candidates within Colombia. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.