Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) is the leading cloud communications and customer engagement platform connecting over 2 million developers across 50 000 businesses in 100+ countries. Our mission is to power the future of communications. With Twilio Messaging platform we enable companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. Messaging builds personal connections with customers at scale via WhatsApp, SMS, MMS, and Chat.
There’s a lot to learn, and a lot to be done! You must have at least 3 out of the 4 proficiencies listed below to be considered for this role:
- Building for compatibility. You know how to set up a build pipeline and pack an SDK, so that it would perform well on different platforms and browsers.
- API. You know how to build efficient and pleasant APIs. Moreover, you can work with backend teams to define requirements and make those APIs work well.
- Testing and Releasing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop quality pipelines that require as little human intervention as possible.
We welcome and incorporate diverse people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a member of the Messaging SDK team you will have an opportunity to work on highly-available, globally-distributed and bulletproof-resilient communication platform, powering Twilio’s Conversations, Frontline and Flex products.
You will contribute to product development from a browser and mobile SDKs perspective: you will be designing and developing beautiful and consistent client APIs for millions of developers around the world. You will work directly with the engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill customer requirements into architecture, design, and implementation.
In this role you will build client side libraries, SDKs and reference applications that interact with Twilio services. You will wear designer, coder, QA and product hats, and develop at multiple layers of software stack: networking, protocols, data modeling, business logic, public interfaces.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Not every problem has a textbook solution. You will be expected to research the unknowns, implement and iterate. Educate your team as you go.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design, implementation and release process of Messaging’s browser and node.js SDKs and customer experience tools.
- DON’T SETTLE: Live and champion mature, high-quality engineering through writing tests, improving code maintainability, documenting your work, etc.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Twilio is a global, fast-growing company that builds complex systems. To be successful in joining these globally built complex parts of the system, you will be expected to write down the requirements, design, implementation, etc.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will primarily collaborate with other Messaging teams based in Tallinn and San Francisco and, of course, rest of the Twilio engineering globally.
The APIs, SDKs and applications developed by the Messaging teams are used by thousands of customers, both internal and external to Twilio. You will design, develop and deliver best-in-class client libraries experience powering Conversations, Frontline and Flex. Our multi-tenant services, APIs, SDKs and applications provide a solid platform for a variety of use-cases, including mobile workforce, customer support, personal advisors, healthcare, scaling from startup to enterprise solutions.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances it will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture to empower everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.