Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager for Billing Operations to be a key leader in the Accounting Organization. Managing a team of 5 direct reports across 3 continents will require you to have excellent communication, organizational & motivational skills. You are right for this job if you are passionate about providing a first class customer billing experience and have an acute attention to detail. You think at scale, excel at juggling multiple priorities (Month End, SOX, and Audit) and thrive at going above and beyond. You should be driven by collaboration, as you will be partnering with various teams across the organization, such as FP&A, Engineering, Legal and Sales.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Operations teams at scale. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience with at least five years experience in managing teams across multiple time zones.
- BA/BS degree in either Business or Accounting is preferred.
- SOX experience.
- Proven change management & process improvement experience.
- Experience with growing, building and restructuring teams while delivering a first class billing service in a fast paced, quick moving environment.
- A desire to maintain and enhance our unique culture and an ongoing desire to strive for continuous improvement by adding your talents to Twilio is highly desired.
- You set high standards for yourself and your teams, leading by example to achieve results.
- Finally, you enjoy mentoring, developing talent and rewarding success.
As the Senior Billing Manager, you are the face of the global Billing Team at Twilio and will report directly to the Director of Order to Cash. As Senior Manager, you should demonstrate the ability to tackle complex problems, while also being a results oriented individual.
- BE AN OWNER - Provide insights, guidance and leadership to your Team as and when challenges arise. You are responsible for the timely onboarding of all customer contracts and pricing models.
- WRITE IT DOWN - Record, digest & share updates across both your organization and the wider business as and when appropriate.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES - Provide a first class service through effective management of stakeholder relationships. Going the extra mile to provide timely responses & solutions.
- DRAW THE OWL - See the bigger picture, challenge the status quo, plan for new or better ways to achieve those goals.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - Mentor your team, develop their talent and challenge the status quo to achieve results. Lean on your teams’ expertise when working relevant stakeholders.
- NO SHENANIGANS - Ensure customers are billed timey & accurately as part of the month end close process, and supporting the business through quarterly audit and SOX work.
We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realise that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organisation, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral in growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Dublin office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.