Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio EMEA is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Senior, Director, Solutions Engineering for 2021.
This role will work closely with Solutions Engineers, Account Executives, and the Go-To-Market leadership team. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our EMEA GTM efforts. A key part of this role is to shape how our AE and SE teams execute together to win. You will ensure your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching and guidance on a day to day basis
This role will have a hands-on approach to coaching, as well as ensuring your team has the support that they need to be successful. A qualified applicant should be as comfortable as a player on the pitch, not only just comfortable doing coaching on the sidelines.
Twilio is looking for this person to have a demonstrated track record of customer-facing technical leadership. As Senior Director, Solutions Engineering you will have:
- Experience in enterprise sales
- Trustworthy interlocutor with ability to deal with Customers, CTOs, and Software Engineering Leaders
- Hands-on approach to problem solving -- always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- Strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience with one or more of the following: Contact Centers, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications
- Experience building programs that have impact and reach across teams
- Excellent communicator across cultures
- Previous people management experience
- When safe to do, candidate can expect up to 40% travel
- Previous coding experience
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Fluency in a second European languages a plus
As Senior Director, Solutions Engineering- Senior Leader EMEA you will live the Twilio Magic
- WRITE IT DOWN: With Sales Leadership, create an execution plan for EMEA to meet objectives. Partner with Sales Leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities, including prioritising deals and customer escalations
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Build and roll out programs that facilitate scaling, and have a global impact on solutions engineering at Twilio
- DRAW THE OWL: You will own the Solutions Engineering strategy for EMEA and it’s up to you to do what it takes to build the function, ensure SE's are helping AE's drive revenue and continuously delivering customer success. Measure and communicate these results – use data to communicate results and make decisions
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Develop, challenge, and motivate a team of high-performing SE's, continually educating your team and seeking innovative solutions for improving your team
- BE AN OWNER: Be actively involved in the recruitment and hiring of new talent for the EMEA SE team
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Deeply understand customers. With your team, help solve, and anticipate potential problems from their perspective.
The Solutions Engineering team is critical to Twilio’s continued revenue growth. Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding and communication and close partnership with the Sales team. You will
Twilio’s API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning and exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based in London or Munich. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.