Twilio is seeking a Senior Director to lead the GRC arm of our Security organization focusing on the functions that help our business build security policies and standards, manage third party vendors, ensure privacy of our customers and manage security risk across the enterprise. You will report directly to our CSO as we scale and grow our security team globally.
This role creates the security risk strategy and provides cyber governance and risk management oversight; establishing and managing the security policy framework and relevant standards; overseeing applicable security, privacy, contractual and compliance requirements through strategy development, controls definition and assessment and process oversight.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading GRC functions. They also have:
- At least 10 years experience in a security or compliance management role and have built and aligned teams to organizational compliance needs.
- Worked with various operational and business teams to drive toward a cohesive view of security risk and drive remediation items to closure. Maintain accurate reporting of remediation activities to bring appropriate visibility to stakeholders. Experience reporting to an audit committee/board.
- Prior experience with security policy, standards, and controls definition
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging cybersecurity risks, and innovative risk management methods and solutions
- A deep understanding of risk management methodologies, frameworks, and principles (e.g. SOX, COBIT, NIST, CSA, ITIL, etc.) to evaluate and recommend the best approach to mitigating risk with best in class controls.
- Established metrics for information security to understand the current effectiveness of their program and to provide transparency for senior leadership.
- Experience leading a global, distributed, and remote workforce.
As a Sr. Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You’re able to clearly articulate your thoughts through prose to gain alignment with stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: You can take ambiguous direction and create a clear action plan with milestones.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Develop, implement and lead an integrated GRC strategy and process to monitor and evaluate business, technology, and information risks, issues, and opportunities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Operationalization of a metrics and reporting function to continually report on meaningful security, risk and compliance metrics for operational and executive management
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $177,024 - $243,408
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $165,960 - $228,195
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks