Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Interfaces team, supporting our customers’ use of our Console platform, and help customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s customer interfaces.
This role reports to a Manager, Technical Support and will be based in our new Bengaluru office. This position requires working in a shift. The current shift timings for shift based roles supporting our EMEA customers is 1300-2200 IST. This position also includes rostering. Rosters will be of a 5 day work week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Tue-Sat, Fri-Tue etc).
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Technical Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Support role
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- A high competency with communicating internally and externally
- Proficient problem solver and troubleshooter
- Leverages customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Strong experience interacting and collaborating with other departments while searching for the solutions our customers need
- Experience and interest in working cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management, and Sales, and sometimes with similar cross functional teams from partner organizations
- Demonstrated desire to understand customer trends, and document and report those trends to continue to improve our support process
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help our customers to use our Console interface and helping them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- Using your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide feedback
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- WRITE IT DOWN: Spend time reviewing and contributing to our internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
- Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
Twilio Support is unlike no others. We not only provide technical support but also world-class hospitality to our customers. We wear our customers’ shoes every day and make sure the customers’ voice is heard by our Product and Engineering team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be based out of our Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.