Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Would you like to own driving the business for Twilio Email and help us continue increasing our market share? Would you like to be part of a team focused on adoption of Twilio Email by engaging with companies building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Twilio as the leader in the communications...then this is the role for you!
Twilio is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Senior Program Manager, to help drive long initiative goals and programmatic institutions to continue driving Twilio as the leader in the Email space.
- 5+ Years in Cloud industry and a demonstrated understanding of the email industry, technology, and legacy players.
- 3+ years of cloud, technical or digital business development/sales development experience.
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Experience launching a product and developing programs to support growth at scale
- Ability to take broad concepts and the vision and then develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and effectively execute those plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage without formal authority
- Experience in effective project and program management
- Business background to drive an engagement and interact with executive level
- Technical background to work with both our engineering teams and customers building solutions with Twilio’s platform.
- Define, design, launch, and run critical initiatives that contribute to our global go to market plan.
- Lead operational programs, communicating proposals and updates to senior leadership
- Lead efforts to scale the execution of sales activities and market growth strategies by building mechanisms and programs that reach across all geos, territories, and channels, with the goal of driving adoption.
- Create a strong partnership with sales, ensuring they are well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively sell Twilio Email.
- Be responsible for building a strategic business development plan that defines priorities, ensuring it is well aligned across Twilio, and executing the plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, partner teams, marketing, etc.)
As a Senior Programs Manager at Twilio, you will have an exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Twilio’s Email and Marketing Campaigns platform. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$120,832.00 - $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
$105,728.00 - $145,376.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks