Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio platform enables developers to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud API’s and with on-demand global reach. As a member of the Programmable Video team, you will develop groundbreaking capabilities in the programmable communications space, enabling developers to build highly differentiated experiences.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience developing distributed systems in Java. You have designed and developed horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems in a production environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of modern Java with emphasis on concurrent programming.
- Extensive operational knowledge of systems. If you have worked through a separate operations team, then you should be able to discuss how you enabled management of the system.
- Experience with IP networking and application-level protocols, including an understanding of end-end networks and factors affecting performance. You must be able to troubleshoot application problems at a protocol level.
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services. Ideally, you have experience in a production DevOps environment. Hands on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or Azure is a plus.
- Well-versed in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- This position is for the control plane of the product and therefore does not require experience working with real-time media.
- BE BOLD Contribute to the R&D roadmap for Programmable Video, including continuous evaluation of industry standards, techniques, tools and trends. Ensure Twilio develops and maintains an industry competitive advantage.
- BE AN OWNER Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a production environment. Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- DON'T SETTLE Raise the bar on team performance. Enable feature velocity while maintaining quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- EMPOWER OTHERS Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
As we have experienced, video has become a significant communications medium leading up to Covid and turbocharged since. Twilio is differentiated in that we offer a programmable product vs an end user product, and we are acknowledged as the leader in the space with a terrific brand amongst developers.
Come join the Programmable Video team to enable the next generation of immersive experiences that delight end users. What you will experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that building a company is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
We are a distributed team spread across the United States and Europe. This specific position is to be located in one of our Bay Area office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.