Because you belong at Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Staff Software Engineer for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will be a member of one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, responsible for helping to build IAM products and features our customers will love. You will play a key role in defining our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams, as well as mentor other engineers.
- You have 8+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- You are comfortable with asynchronous and multi-threaded concepts and languages.
- You have experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- You have a very strong understanding of REST APIs.
- You know that the code you ship is only as dependable and predictable as the tests you write.
- You have experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with JWTs
- Experience with Java and or Scala
As a Staff Engineer (L4) you will
- Own and operate, high-scale cloud based systems and services.
- Build simple features, as well as complex distributed systems.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems.
- Develop a testing harness and strategy for what your team ships.
- Solve complex IAM related technical challenges.
- Coordinate with teams in other time-zones.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 3,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.