Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
We are looking for an experienced commercial contracts attorney to join our growing Asia Pacific and Japan legal team. You will partner with Twilio’s Sales teams as well as other stakeholders to review, negotiate and close sales agreements and related agreements.
You are a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and who enjoys delving into and understanding business drivers and deals to provide commercial-minded legal solutions. You are a seasoned, experienced professional
supporting large enterprise sales organisations and accustomed to working closely with cross-function teams spread across the world. You are client-service oriented and willing to go the extra mile, quick on the uptake, have excellent judgment and a keen attention to
- 5+ years of legal experience, with at least 3+ years negotiating complex technology transactions, 3+ years in-house at technology companies and/or 3+ years negotiating commercial agreements in Asia, Australia, New Zealand.
- Australian qualified lawyer will be a plus
- Experience leading, structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts suchas master services agreements, data protection agreements, professional services agreements, reseller agreements.
- Team oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills, unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Effective collaborator with business and other cross functional teams (for example,Security, Privacy, Product, Finance) to ensure business needs are met.
- Ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice, identify the relevant information needed to assess the situation, balance risks and business reward and make reasoned and sound judgement calls.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Must be able to take complex legal concepts and explain them in a way that allows a non-lawyer to understand the issue and the associated risks.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Willing to go the extra mile to support the team and the business, able to navigate through change and work through lack of clarity, a keen interest for learning new things and a desire to get things done.
- Telecom experience is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign and JIRA is a plus.
As Commercial Contracts Counsel, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: take ownership of and be accountable to the team and business to structure, draft, review, negotiate, prioritize and manage a wide range of agreements. Active involvement with sales and related functions as a trusted
business partner to drive the business together.
- WRITE IT DOWN: assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts. Identify, create or improve processes to increase productivity to support a rapidly-growing business.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: delve into and understand the context and actual issues driving Twilio’s customers and the requests from internal clients. Strive to see the issues and solve problems from their perspectives.
- DRAW THE OWL: navigate and lead through change and unclear situations; goes the extra mile to support the team and the business.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: provide training, on-the-job coaching, share best practices, collaborate on processes and templates to enable the team and internal clients to better support and grow the business.
- NO SHENANIGANS: champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and
partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entir employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to
helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Singapore and we will be open to consider other locations as may be appropriate. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
About us :
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer touse, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.