Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer to join the Resilience Engineering team. As part of Platform Engineering at Twilio, our mission is building platforms and tooling that empower teams to lead the industry in delivering software quickly, with provably high quality. We are as passionate about designing, developing, deploying and operating software solutions at scale as we are helping Twilio deliver the best user experience for next-generation cloud communications. We do this by leveraging technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and building our own services or contributing to open source projects. In this role, you will apply your passion for bringing Testing as a Service to Twilio Engineering.
Twilio is looking for a builder who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering quality software as a service.
Previous experience with building testing tools or Testing as Service is not required. What is required is an understanding of how to deliver quality software, automated testing, and empowering engineers to do their best work.
They also have:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Professional Python experience required. Java experience is a plus.
- Experience with Linux & Docker
- A track record of working with large-scale, highly available platforms and services.
- Strong RDBMS (MySQL), Object Oriented Data Design. Experience with ORMs.
- Solid foundation in agile software development practices.
- Strong writing and communication skills
As a Software Engineer for Resilience, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: We are building the first Testing as a Service platform for Twilio Engineers.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: You are continually delivering value to our customers because you understand their needs and are focused on enabling their work in a DevOps mindset.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with teams across the company to raise the level of quality for our customers.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by striving for artisan level testing and quality.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You ensure that you and your team are working on solutions that are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
The mission of Resilience Engineering is central to the trust our customers place in Twilio. We work closely with teams across the company and around the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance..